Sunday, July 26, 2009

It's day three..

And it has to be better.

Yesterday I stepped on a sea urchin, failed to capture sea turtles on film, and had the lock punched at the beach where our jeep was parked and my purse and beach bag were stolen. Onward..

Honestly last night was not bad a'tall. I took a shower and a nap, and woke up groggy, but much less grumpy. We got dressed, and went downstairs to the restaurant here at the resort.

I should explain.. there are restaurants, and there are dining experiences.. This was the latter. This place is an open air restaurant with the ocean crashing five feet from you.. In our case it was about 25 due to the location of our table, but who was I to complain? We ordered dinner for two and wow.. it was impressive. The tiki torches burned, the sun set, and the sound of the waves crashing mixed with the smell of the ocean and flowers was intoxicating.

They brought us a pineapple boat, and a basket of bread to start. Our drinks and a bottle of wine. I ordered a California merlot and was NOT disappointed. Our appetizer plate came, and while I'm not a real seafood kinda girl.. it was beautiful. We got chopsticks to eat with, and it was a seared ahi tuna (I can't eat the raw stuff, but A said it was delicious) a crabcake, two Tsunami Shrimps, seaweed salad (very tasty) and assorted, well arranged dipping sauces. That finished we sipped our wine until the food came. For A, a rack of lamb ribs with amaaaaazing bbq. Oh it was so good. For me? The best steak of my life. Prime Rib with au jus, and some tasty taters. We didn't finish, and had it boxed because who wants to miss desert?

Not me!

Desert was chocolate cheesecake.. Now you might know I am not a fan of cheesecake. But this? well.. This was a masterpiece. They were in little tart shells and it was one of the best desserts I've ever had. Chocolate shavings and chocolate and caramel drizzled over it. Unreal. The whole thing was so nice after our rough day.

But it got even better.There has been a high surf advisory in effect because there was a storm that went through.We walked down by the sea wall, and sat watching these huge waves just slam the lava. Some of those waves were enormous. The sound of it like thunder, the sight of those white caps all silent until they got closer, in the dark, to CRASH on the shore, flooding and gushing closer and making me uncomfortable until they stopped five feet from our perch. Incredible.

So we came back, showered, and went to bed... the sight of the waves burned into memory, hearing the crash as I slipped away.

No comments:

Post a Comment