Sunday, July 19, 2009

So I had my birthday. I don't need to go into all the details of the day, because it was a pretty busy day! But I will give highlights, and go from there..

We had birthday breakfast in my current town before heading off to my hometown where I grew up to spend a few days with my family. It was a nice trip over, and we saw the thermometer in the truck go from 67 at my little house to 103 at Mom's when we got there. I think A's eyes were about to bug out of his head.

Being from Wisconsin, 103 is a bit extreme. But this year has been cooler and the normal 110 hasn't hit yet.

We got there just in time to meet up and go to birthday lunch! :) My neices brought me "flowers" which were their handprints in pink paint arranged with pipe cleaners as stems. They are precious! AND... they won't wilt ;)

We had a great lunch before heading out to my favorite summertime spot to meet up with my cousin and goddaughter.. again.. a great time..

Then we ended up at my grandparent's for desert with the family. Apple crisp and cherry pie. Two favorites. It was one of the best birthdays I've had in recent years.

So I did pretty much detail it, but I couldn't leave anything out..

I think of my birthday as my "New Year's". For me, it's a time to look at the last year of my life and see what is working and what is not. To restructure, and make new plans based on how it's been going.
Last year I wanted to lose ten lbs, and I see that I've done that. I'm in better shape, and eating well.
This year along those lines I plan to get a massage every couple of months (hopefully more often than that! :) ) and a facial every six weeks. Skincare has to start now! So I'm on it with a good cleansing/moisturizing schedule (thank you Amber and Mary Kay) and sunscreen!! But to up my game I'm going to have those regular facials to help keep things going well. I figure it's a small price to pay for my face.. :)

Along those lines I want to work on a good cardio program, and fitness routine. Whether it be pilates or yoga mixed with swimming or water aerobics.. I lost the weight, but now I need to keep it off and get toned up.

Last year I planned to find another job in the field I went to school for. I didn't accomplish that goal, and it wasn't for lack of trying. I realize now that I may need to find a new field, and this year if I don't start that, I plan to at least find one to start. Either that, or find a better paying job that allows me to be self supporting, and that I like.

The current idea is to check out University of Hawaii at Hilo's English and Communications program while we're there on vacation in four days.. I would be in a place I always wanted to be for a few years at least.. and get a good education in an area that has always interested me.

We'll see how that goes, but for now it's a start.

I want to end up with another Audi TT too.. After wrecking the love of my life Redbaby, in a freak accident with four deer out of a large herd.. I bought Truckus Maximus. I love my truck.. and all the things about it. Hauling, off roading, etc..

Though I do miss the killer gas mileage of a TT, and the.. well.. speeds one can achieve. The cornering abilities.. the sheer freedom and power... and that's enough on that topic for now! :)

On other fronts, I find that instead of being all angsty about so much of my life and things working out or not.. the past few months it's almost like.. well it's hard to describe. I say "whatever" a lot now, but in the way that I'm not stressing about all the crazy things in my life, so "Whatever" happens.. happens. Not to say I'm not ready for change and to make things happen, but.. I'm not going to be so upset if it's not what I had planned on originally.

Surprisingly enough, I'm figuring out I can't control it all, and that to try to do so is only making me crazier.. which I don't need.

So here's to another year, and a fruitful (in many ways) trip to Hawaii.

2 comments: